Monday, May 9, 2016

April Week 4 - Samuel

Ponderize Scripture:

Monday 4/25
Luke 24:32 "...did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?"  A sure way of knowing if thoughts and feelings and teachings and scriptures come from God is if there is a peaceful, warm feeling inside of me.
Luke 24:46-47 "...Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations"  Christ had to suffer and die for me and for all that there may be a way to return back to God's presence and to be able to change and become better.  He did his part and it is my part to repent and believe and to share this with all others.  How can I improve in sharing the gospel?
John 20:21 "Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.  And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:"  Because Christ is not with me all of the time, the Holy Ghost was sent to be with me, to be my support and comforter and teacher and inspiration, just as Christ was.  This shows the great love of Christ for me and for all that he would send a comforter when I ascended up to heaven.  How can I better create an environment where the spirit can deliver and teach me?  One way is to go forward in faith.
John 20:29 "Jesus saith unto him, Thomas because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."  Faith is key to receiving the blessings of God.  Faith is not having a perfect knowledge of things, yet believing in things not seen but things that are true.  If I truly have faith, I will act and not just say that I believe.  In what areas of my life do I not have faith and want a sign?  How can I increase my faith in Christ?

Tuesday 4/26
John 20:31 "But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name."  The scriptures testify of Christ; their main purpose is to help me to believe in Christ to the point that I will go forward and live.  Interesting that Christ brings life.
John 21:15-17 "...lovest thou me?...Feed my lambs...feed my sheep..."  Missionary work is vital.  If I love the Lord he wants me to love others too and to share the gospel with them.  My sheep means those who will listen and follow.  It is a continuous process and not everyone will listen but all should be warned and those who listen should be continually fed.
Matt 28:19-20 Jesus commands his apostles to preach to all the world. "I am with you alway..."  I love this promise.  He will always be there.
Mark 16:20 "And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following."  We are never alone.  The Lord will always be with me.  He is working along side of me.
Luke 24:53 "And were continually in the temple, praising and blessing God."  How is my temple worship? Do I go often? Do I give thanks to God for his blessings upon me? I want to do this more, show my gratitude for his blessings and love and mercy and kindness.

Wednesday 4/27
Acts 2:17 "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh..." I feel like the Lord is anxious to bless me and all.  The only thing that I need to do is create an atmosphere with the Spirit can dwell.  I don't have to be perfect, just trying.
Acts 2;21 "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."  What does calling on the name of the Lord mean?  I think it means prayer of course but much more...acting in faith, showing the Lord that I want an answer/help/guidance and that I want to follow him.
Acts 2:42-47 "And they continued steadfastly in the apostles doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers...all that believed were together, and had all things common...continually daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Praising God, and having favour with all the people.  And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved."  There is so much in these verses of how to follow Christ and live righteously with my family...attending church and partaking of the sacrament consistently, praying continually, fellowshipping others and looking to others as equals (not having pride), attending the temple often and being grateful for all the blessings that God has been and more.  The promise is that I will be saved.  I feel that these should be essential items in my life.  self-evaluation of myself-I need to be more grateful and to recognize how the Lord is blessing me daily, how my future wife is blessing me and good to me daily, how others service and kindness, the beauty around me, and opportunities I have, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment