Monday, March 21, 2016

March Week 3 - Samuel

Ponderize Scripture: Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all thy heart; and lean not to thy own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

Thursday 3/17
Matt 23:3, 5 "All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not...But all their works they do for to be seen of men:"  This is a word of caution...what motivates me to do what I do?  To be praised and seen of men or to praise and glorify God?  Why do I serve?  The best way is out of love...for others, a passion for the work, because I love the Lord.  Prayer is a good place to start to cultivate this motivation more prominently.
Matt 23:25 "...for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess...cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also."  If I want to see change, I need to be that change...change comes from within and as I work on myself, it will show outwardly.  I really like this idea.
Mark 12:43-44 "...This poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury: For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living."  How much am I willing to give to the Lord?  All that I have (which is really his)?  Do I put the Lord first in my life?  This widow did, even over her own want for food and needs for survival.  Do I have the faith that the Lord will bless me or that I am so grateful for him that I am willing to give?  I would be good to try to give a little more, serve a little more, be willing to go farther for the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment