Monday, March 28, 2016

March Week 4 - Samuel

Ponderize Scripture-

Monday 3/21
Luke 9:24-25 "For whosoever will save his life, must be willing to lose it for my sake; and whosoever will be willing to lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.  For what doth it profit a man if he gain the whole world, and yet he receive him not whom God hath ordained, and he lose his own soul, and he himself be a castaway?"  A soul is more precious than the world.  Who I am is more important than my accomplishments.  Christ has a direct relation with the redemption of our souls.  What does it mean for me to be willing to use my life for his sake?
John 12:40 "He have blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; and they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them." The temptations of the adversary can influence me to not seek after Christ.  Christ can heal me and will if I come unto him.  How do I keep from being blind and having a hardened heart?  Seek Christ.  I need to be healed...I have so many weaknesses and shortcomings and don't have the strength to overcome them but Christ does and will if I seek him.
John 12:43 "For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God."  Do I seek the acceptance and praise of others?  Is what others think more important than what God thinks of me?  I hope I don't.  The praise of others is so temporary and fleeting...it doesn't satisfy.  When I feel the Holy Ghost, it feels my heart and mind with calm and peace, much more permanent and constant.  Seeking God (my creator) over men helps me to see my divine potential and worth and is empowering.

Tuesday 3/22
Matt 24:44 "Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh."
Mark 13:33 "Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is."
Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."
The Savior counsels to watch and pray always and be ready/prepared for the time of his coming.  How can I better be prepared so that I won't fear his coming?  So interesting the power of prayer.  My thought is that it increases my faith, which in turn causes me to want to change and to look to God.  This helps me to let go of fear and trust in God, the source of all power, good, righteousness, etc...  I wonder what watching means?  To be aware, observant...?
Luke 21:34 "And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares."  Surfeiting means procrastination.  Are there any sins that I have procrastinated repenting of?  Is there something that I am putting off that I should be working on right now?  Now is the time to set my house in order and to let go of the world more, look to God and seek him.
Mark 13:10 "And the gospel must first be published among all nations."  I love this!  Our Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to receive all that he has.  It must come to all nations before the end.  How can I be more involved in this great work?  I want to be a better example and to not have a filter when talking about the gospel.  The more people that embrace and live the gospel before the end, the better.

Wednesday 3/23
Luke 12:35 "Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning; and ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their Lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately."  Loins being girded means to be protected/prepared and I really like this part: lights burning.  It takes work to get the light going, fuel to maintain a good strong flame, and vigilance to make sure the light stays strong and doesn't go out.  It takes action to be ready for the Savior to come again.  Am I ready for the Savior to return again?  What do I lack yet that would keep me from being ready?
D&C 45:56-57 "...And at that day, when I shall come in my glory, shall the parable be fulfilled which I spake concerning the ten virgins.  For they that are wise and have received  the truth, and have take the Holy Spirit for their guide, and have not been deceived--verily I say unto you, they shall not be hewn down and cast into the fire, but shall abide the day."  A good indicator to whether I am in the right way or not is if I feel the Holy Ghost in my life, teaching me and I heeding the counsel and direction given.  Do I have noise that shuts out the Holy Ghost? Do I have times of quiet and contemplation?
Matt 25:13-30 Parable of the Talents-interesting how the Lord wants me to be active and be engaged in bettering myself.  The word talents in the topical guide referred to the value of work.  How is my approach to work going?  Am I engaged and working hard and developing or do I waste more time than I should?

Thursday 3/24
Matt 25:40 "And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."  I feel like in reading this that the Savior would like for me to fill my life with service.  Service to others is a form of love.  In showing love to others I am showing that I love the Savior and what he has done for me.
John 13:34-35 "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.  By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."  How can I better love and serve others.  I think that includes myself and God.  Do I show love to my Heavenly Father everyday, to myself everyday, to others everyday?  I don't think that being selfish or focusing on myself is self-love.  Taking care of myself to be able to better serve others is self-love because it is focused on others and not myself.  Interesting dichotomy.  This is following after the Savior, looking to serve others.  What goals can I set to better follow after him?

No comments:

Post a Comment