Monday, April 4, 2016

March Week 5 - Samuel

Ponderize Scripture:

Monday 3/28
John 14:6 "...I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."  Jesus is the Savior of the world.  No man can reach heaven by his own accord, only through following the Savior.
John 14:15 "If ye love me, keep my commandments."  v.21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."  What a wonderful blessing!  He will manifest himself unto me as I keep his commandments.  Those manifestations come often through the Holy Ghost or even tender mercies (little miracles each day).  It would be worth trying to count the number of blessings I receive in one day to recognize how he has manifested himself unto me.
John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."  I love how he is described as a comforter.  He teaches all things.  When I have a striking idea, something that I haven't thought before...chances are that it came through the Holy Ghost.  He speaks in the mind (clarity and striking thoughts) and in the heart (peace and comfort-something the adversary cannot replicate).
John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."  God is with me.  I need not be afraid.  He is there to comfort, strengthen, mourn with, lift up, carry my burdens...The peace he brings is eternal...totally enveloping.  I have no need to worry or be afraid.  He is there always.  I love these sweet words.  Oh, how I love my Savior, my Heavenly Father, and the Holy Ghost.

Tuesday 3/29
Matt 26:30 "And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives."  I love this!  Music was important to the Savior, especially during the Passover.  Hymns are sung in many important ceremonies and meetings.  Why?  It brings a calm, clearing atmosphere to focus on the meeting and prepare to feel the Holy Ghost.  If I want to create a spiritual atmosphere why not also include hymns?
John 15:4-5 "Abide in me, and I in you.  As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.  I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing."  It is only through Christ that I can make something of myself.  The Savior invites me to include him in my life to the greatest extent possible.  Abide in him!  Seek him, follow him, do what he does, let him carry him and strengthen me, etc...  The enabling power comes from him.  I am nothing without him.  How can I better seek and remember and abide in Christ?  What things distance me away from him?
John 15:12-13 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.  Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."  So interesting that this is one of the last things that Christ told his disciples before going into the Garden of Gethsemane.  It is all about love.  How can I love others and myself as Christ loves me?

Friday 4/1
John 15:19 "If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you."  The right way is the unpopular way.  The way to God is the road less traveled.
John 16:13-14 "...he will guide you into all truth...he will shew you things to come.  He shall glorify me..."  I love the attributes of the Holy Ghost.  How can I better invite the Holy Ghost in my life?  Do I pray for it everyday?  Do I strive to be honest and true and treat others with respect?  Do I try to serve?
Dennis C. Gaunt Recognizing Satan's Counterfeits
"The best defense we have against being fooled by Satan's counterfeits is to be as familiar as possible with truths of the gospel."  Another reason why scripture study is so vitally important and a needful activity for everyday.  It will protect against the counterfeits of Satan or my eyes can better perceive and understand the flatteries of Satan.  "When the world presents us with an idea, philosophy, or opinion that seems to appeal solely to our vanity or pride or that simply sounds too good to be true, that ought to be a warning to us immediately." Living in this world was not meant to be easy.  It was meant to be worth it.  Working hard is a key ingredient.  How am I doing with those things that are most important to me?  Do I work hard to accomplish them or care about or serve them/it?  That will help to keep me away from the evils of Satan. "When we have the Spirit with us, we will see and hear 'things as they really are'"  The Spirit will help me to see what is right and what is wrong.  Trust in this!

No comments:

Post a Comment