Thursday, April 21, 2016

April Week 2 - Samuel

Ponderize Scripture: Luke 23:34 "Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do."

Thursday 4/14
Luke 23:28, JST31 "Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children...This he spake, signifying the scattering of Israel, and the desolation of the heathen, or in other words, the Gentiles."  Jesus said for the women not to worry for there was nothing they could do for him.  The Atonement needed to happen.  What they needed to focus on was making sure that they had their lives in order.  That is good advice.  I can't worry about others, as much as I can work on myself and making better decisions and living in a right way.  That is what I have control over.  The example of that will encourage and help others to do the same.  The Atonement of the Savior allows for me to do something about my station in life.  
Matt 27:42-43 "He saved others; himself he cannot save.  If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.  He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God."  This is so ironic.  They thought that it was all about saving oneself.  The true way to save oneself is to lose oneself in the service of others so really the Savior was saving himself because he was performing the Atonement to save others.  Service, love, kindness, charity are all required in this.
Luke 23:34 "Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do."  The Savior didn't get angry from their words; it didn't matter what they thought of him.  Do I care what others think, say about, or do to me or do I have a forgiving heart and realize that their actions don't have to have an effect on me?  This is important I think to realize that the best reaction is to forgive.  It doesn't mean condone or put up with abuse or injustice but forgiveness is always required.

No comments:

Post a Comment