Tuesday, March 22, 2016

March Week 4- Linds

Ponderize scripture: 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 "Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not, charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not bheave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things"

Tues 3/22
You are Not alone in the work (Henry B. Eyring GC 2015) "Any calling we receive in the Lord’s kingdom requires more than our human judgment and our personal powers."--> importance of relying on the Lord and recognizing my own imperfections and limitations in all callings.

Matthew 25:23 "he who is faithful in these things shall be faithful in things later"-->we show our faithfulness and accountability in the small things. We can fully trust the Lord, but can He trust us with spiritual experiences, duties, callings, relationships? What am I doing in the small things to show that He can trust me in the big things? 
Matthew 21:12-16 Jesus casts our money changers from the temple- He heals the people there. It is significant how many times Christ heals people. He spends the majority of His time and energy healing. Do I do the same in my interactions with coworkers, friends, strangers, family members? Do I seek to uplift and inspire instead of to argue and debate? Also, how can I make my experience in the temple more of one of healing and cleansing? And my sacrament experience? Am I aware of what I need healing from? 
Matthew 21:21 "If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done."
22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."
-Power of faith is only limited by our own doubt. Interesting how He says ALL THINGS whatsoever we ask in faith we shall receive. Do I pray with this type of attitude, let go of fears after, and go to work? Really believing that He will answer my prayers means letting go of fears and worries after I pray about them and doing all I can to work and overcome them


Thurs 3/24
Matt 21:33-46 Pharisees act out of fear. They do not have the protection of truth. They are scared of the people and of God. When we live righteously we don't have to fear others, God, or anything! 
Matt 22:4 Parable of the wedding- God says, "Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage." God has literally prepared all the blessings we could ever want for us, all that He asks of us is that we come unto Him and take Him up in the invitation. Interesting also the reference to "marriage garment." How do my covenants prepare me to live in His presence? What is my view of the garment? It is a protection for me and also a reminder of my covenants. 
Matt 22:30 the only binding marriage is one bound in the temple 
Luke 20:34-36??? It says that people of the world marry and children of the resurrection do not? Confusing.


No comments:

Post a Comment