Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 1 - Samuel

Ponderize Scripture
Mosiah 4:27 "And see that these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength.  And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order." This scripture 

10/12 Sunday
Alma 5:14-15 Various questions came to mind: How is my testimony? Do I feel that everything will work out not matter what?  Do I feel the Holy Ghost in my life? Am I looking to bless the lives of others?  Do I think of the Savior Jesus Christ often? Do I pray sincerely to Heavenly Father?

10/13 Monday
President Dieter F Uchtdorf It Works Wonderfully! Wisdom only comes from God so I should constantly be seeking him.

10/14 Tuesday
Elder James B. Martino Turn to Him and Answers Will Come I really likes the contrast between Laman and Lemuel, and the Sons of Mosiah.  The Sons of Mosiah sought the Lord through consistent "personal religious habits" and the blessings abounded.  They came to know the Lord whereas Laman & Lemuel knew him not. 

10/15 Wednesday
D&C 33:8-10 "Open your mouths..." Not using a filter when speaking comes to mind.  When someone asks me what I did this weekend...I went to church and learned about how I can be guided in my life as opposed to...I went biking.  It seems like the opportunities are already before us to share the gospel...

10/16 Thursday
D&C 39:6 "this is my gospel--repentance and baptism by water, and then cometh the baptism of fire and of the Holy Ghost, even the Comforter, which showeth all things, and teacheth the peaceable things of the kingdom."  It hit me here that I need to seek the Holy Ghost more in my life.  It is easy to try to do it all on my own...what if I offered a prayer before starting work or some other activity that I don't usually say a prayer before embarking...

10/17 Friday 
D&C 42:40 "And again, thou shalt not be proud in thy heart; let all thy garments be plain."  Am I seeking the praise of the world? Do material things matter more than they should? I think I can fall into that trap sometimes...

10/18 Saturday 
D&C 43:8 "I give unto you a commandment, that when ye are assembled together ye shall instruct and edify each other..."  :16 "Sanctify yourselves and ye shall be endowed with power,..."

10/19 Sunday 
D&C 45: "Hearken" is used many times.  I think that the Lord is asking us to listen, to feel the Spirit touch our hearts and/or prompt us and/or teach/confirm truth.  How easy it is to focus on the temporal things as opposed to spiritual things when they should be switched...all things are spiritual before they are temporal (D&C 29:34).

10/20 Monday  
"   " Prayer is so much more than asking God for what one wants, rather seeking to align one's will with the Lord's will...this can best be done by seeking the Holy Ghost to know what one should pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment