Tuesday, December 15, 2015

December Week 2- Linds

Theme: The Gospels
Goal: Pray more intently. Send Him the correct sign.

Ponderize: 3 Nephi 1:20 "And it had come to pass, yea, all things, every whit, according to the words of the prophet."

Sun 12/6
2 Nephi 31:7 all commandments are about, "What sign do we want to give to the Lord?" Jesus was baptized to show unto us an example of humility (he actually literally didn't need it), and to witness to God  that he would be obedient. Our actions are constantly telling Heavenly Father about how we feel about Him. When I forget to say prayers or don't say them well enough, what sign am I giving to my Heavenly Father? When I sacrifice my time to serve others, what sign am I showing to the Lord? When I listen to my roommates or friends when they are being difficult, what sign am I giving? When I decide to sleep longer instead of wake up earlier to read or pray, what sign am I giving?

Mon 12/7
Matt 4:1-11, Mark 1:13, JST Matt 4:10 Christ is tempted by Satan:
-Four things I find really powerful:
1. Christ was led into the wilderness by the Spirit "to be tempted"--> Experiencing temptation is a necessary part of this life. I should not be surprised when I feel weak or tempted or human. It does not mean I am unrighteous, or abnormal, it means I am human, and experiencing life. The important thing is that I recognize my weaknesses, and don't become complacent, but also don't beat myself up over them.
2. Christ was tempted after he had fasted. Satan always increases his efforts after our spiritual experiences. Unfortunately, this is something else we should expect and not be surprised by or beat ourselves up by.
3. "Angels came and ministered unto him"--> As we live righteously, we can also expect the help of God in overcoming temptation and Satan's efforts. The Holy Ghost is real and will minister to us as we turn to Heavenly Father. How often do I notice angelic help? Whether in the form of others who have answered my prayers, or the Holy Ghost?
4. When I think of temptation, I think of it as a mortal, weak thing, almost like it is my fault I'm even tempted. But even Christ was tempted. Because he experienced this temptation, He knows how to help us overcome weakness. Its purpose is to bring us to Christ, surprisingly.


Tues 12/8
Christmas Devotional 2015 
-Christ dispels all fear. What do I fear? How does faith in Christ and His teachings dispel that fear? For me, the Atonement covers all pain that may occur in the future. When I have faith in the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I can have peace that whatever happens, I can find peace and healing through the Atonement. How have I seen that promise fulfilled in the past? 
-Satan is the source of fear. Christ never uses Fear as a motivator. 
-Christ is the source of all light. All things that are good and light come from Him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment